- This event has passed.
The Object of Labels – Writing Interpretive Text for Exhibitions
October 29, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST$60
This masterclass will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to write effective interpretive text, exploring both the theory and practice behind good labels.
Presented by Samantha Littley, will cover topics including:
- Why write labels – the purpose of interpretive text
- Considering your audience – how visitors use labels
- Label hierarchy – introductory text panels, themed panels, object labels – and what to include on each
- Writing labels that work – tips to engage interest
- Accessibility – writing for diverse audiences
The masterclass is an opportunity for class members to participate in practice-based learning, share their own experiences and contribute to a conversation about how to write labels that visitors want to read.